Friday, December 10, 2010

Natural Hair Fad?


Lately I've been noticing an abundance of natural ladies, whether its around the store, Internet and even campus. Is it me, or is it because I'm natural and embracing my curls that I'm noticing. Then i began to ask myself, is this some type of fad? I mean things like this happen all the time, but its rare that we see this much change in the African American community.




I was thinking, had any celebrities gone natural lately? YES Soloange did a "Big Chop" not to long ago and inspired many women to make the change. Also Chrisette Michele began to rock her natural curls recently, so is it these ladies that's changing so many minds? Or are we collectively becoming more aware of the extremities we are going to for our beauty? I really hope that natural hair doesn't turn into a fad, or fashion because it really is a change of lifestyle.
What do you all think? Im curious, will you go back to the creamy crack or continue to stay natural? When you get to feel bored with your hair what will you do?




1 comment:

  1. I think for some people natural hair is a fad. As for me, I have know plans to ever go back to relaxing or even straightening my hair. And when I get bored I usually just do a new hairstyle.

    ReplyDelete